Sherman County is named for William Tecumseh Sherman, who was a general during the American Civil War, educator and author.
Created: February 25, 1889
Moro1889 – present
County Courthouse – Moro
Location: 500 Court Street / 4th Street
Built: 1898 – 1899
Style: Queen Anne
Architect: Charles H Burggraf of Salem
Contractor: A F Peterson of Corvallis
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building is located on spacious lasndscaped grounds and is “L” shaped with a south wing The east front has a central arched entrance on the first story with arched window above on the second story. On the southeast side is a large square tower rising three stories. The building has tall vertical windows. There is a hipped roof.
See: The architect, Charles H Burggraf of Salem and the contractor , A F Peterson of Corvallis designed and constructed the courthouse in Wheeler County.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Sherman County Courthouse
N – Klickitat County, Washington
E – Gilliam County
S – Wasco County
W – Wasco County
Photos taken 2012