Gilliam County is named for Cornelius Gilliam, who was a pioneer and who commanded the forces of the Provisional Government of Oregon after the Whitman Massacre.
Created: February 25, 1885
Arlington 1885 – 1890
Condon 1890 – present
County Courthouse – Condon
Location: 221 South Oregon Street / West Gilliam Street
Built: 1954 – 1955
Architect: Morrison and Howard and Wesley Korman
Contractor: McCormack Construction Company
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The south section projects from the main building and has horizontal windows on the two stories. The north section has glass panels on the exterior. The center section is a recessed porch with the main entrance. The roof line is flat.
N – Klickitat County, Washington
E – Morrow County
S – Wheeler County
Photos taken 2012