Clackamas County is named for the Clackamas Native Americans, who were a tribe living in the area.
Created: July 5, 1843
Oregon City 1843 – present
County Courthouse – Oregon City
Location: 801 Main Street / 8th Street
Built: 1936 – 1937
Style: Art Deco
Architect: F Marion Stokes
Contractor: Glen M Ford of Portland
Description: The building faces southeast and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The southeast front has a central entrance framed with stone which rises to the second story with crest at the third story. Columns rise on either side of the center entrance and have eagle statues at the top. There is a wide concrete band along the flat roof line. Figures hold an “all-seeing eye” atop the corner piers at the third story. There is a south wing. The building was a Works Progress Administration project. An addition with clock at the top was constructed on the north side.
County Juvenile Courthouse – Oregon City
Location: 2051 Kaen Road
Built: 1961 – 1962
Architect: Schumaker & Newton
Contractor: W E Nelson
Description: The building faces south and is a one story gray colored siding and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds to the south of the city center. The recessed entrance is located on the south side. The building forms a pie shape with a central section on the south. The roof is hipped. The building houses the Juvenile Court.
County Administration – Oregon City
Location: 2051 Kaen Road / South Beavercreek Road
Built: 2003 – 1937
Architect: Mackenzie / Hoffman Construction
Contractor: Hoffman Construction
Description: The building faces east and is a four story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds to the south of the city center. The building houses the Family Court.
N – Multnomah County
S – Marion County
County Juvenile Courthouse
Photos taken 2012 and 2016