Ottawa County

US States / O-U / Oklahoma / Ottawa County
Ottawa

Ottawa County is named for the Ottawa Native American tribe of Oklahoma.

 

Created:  July 16, 1907

County Seat:

Miami  1907 – present

 

County Courthouse – Miami 

 

Location:  102 East Central Avenue / B Street SE

Built:  2005 – 2007

Style:  Modern

Architect:  BKL Incorporated of Tulsa

Contractor:  Crossland Construction Company Inc. of Columbus, Kansas

 

Description:  The building faces southwest and is a four story red colored brick, glass and concrete structure. The building has a north and east wing which join to form the southwest entrance. There is a canopy over the entrance and glass panels rising to the roof line. Glass panels also rise from the first story to the roof line at either end of the north and south wings. White colored course stone runs along the lower half of the first story. The green colored roof is sloped.

 

Note:  The previous courthouses were designed by Hair & Tonini and constructed by J J Rooney Construction Company in 1915 and designed by Bransborg & Roads and constructed by W D Barga Construction Company in 1953, which was demolished in 2008 to make room for a parking lot created to accompany the present courthouse.

 

See: The architect, BKL Incorporated of Tulsa, designed courthouses in Craig County, Mayes County and Payne County.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Cherokee County, Kansas

E – Newton County, Missouri and McDonald County, Missouri

S – Delaware County

W – Craig County

 

 

 

2279m09

 

 

2281m09

 

 

2282m09

 

 

2283m09

Photos taken 2009