Logan County is named for John Alexander Logan ( 1826-1886 ), who was a Union general during the Civil War and later a United States Senator from Illinois.
Created: May 2, 1890
Guthrie 1891 – present
County Courthouse – Guthrie
Location: 301 East Harrison Avenue / South Broad Street
Built: 1907 – 1908
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Patrick Henry Weathers of Jackson, Mississippi
Contractor: Manhattan Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The north front is recessed and rises to a wide pediment at the roof line. A wide cornice divides the second and third stories. A similar recessed section is along the west side. The roof line is flat. The base of the building is course stone.
See: The architect, Patrick Henry Weathers of Jackson, Mississippi, designed courthouses in Louisiana in Tensas Parish; in Mississippi in Lamar County, Lee County and Marion County; in Missouri in Daviess County and Stoddart County; and in Oklahoma in Ellis County and Washington County.
See: The contractor, Manhattan Construction Company, constructed courthouses in Oklahoma in Bryan County, Craig County, Creek County, Garvin County, Muskogee County, Noble County, Oklahoma County, Pawnee County and Tulsa County.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Logan County Courthouse
County Courthouse Annex – Guthrie
Location: 312 East Harrison Avenue / South Broad Street
Built: 1925 – 1926
Architect: Haw and Parr
Contractor: Campbell & Price
Description: The building faces south and is a six story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building was constructed as a hospital and used as the Masonic Home for the Aged. The building is an “L” shape. On the west side is a modern one story structure with glass walls and flat roof.
S – Oklahoma County
Photos taken 2010