Lincoln County

US States / O-U / Oklahoma / Lincoln County
Lincoln

Lincoln County is named for Abraham Lincoln, who was a member of Congress from Illinois ( 1847-1849 ) and President of the United States ( 1861-1865 ).

 

Created:  September 22, 1891

County Seat:

Chandler  1891 – present

 

County Courthouse – Chandler 

 

Location:  811 Manvel Avenue / West 8th Street

Built:  1967 – 1969

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Hudgins – Thompson – Ball and Associates

Contractor:  Cowin Construction Inc.

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a one story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has a projecting south wing with the entrance at the junction of the north wing. The long vertical windows are peaked at the top. A wide white colored band follows the flat roof line. On the northwest side is the older Courthouse Annex.

 

Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Patrick Henry Weathers and constructed by Manhattan Construction Company in 1906 to 1907. The courthouse was destroyed by fire in 1967.

 

County Courthouse Annex – Chandler 

 

1202cs10

 

Location:  811 Manvel Avenue / West 8th Street

Built:  1966 – 1967

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Robert Vahlberg

Contractor:  John Esposito

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a one story buff colored brick and concrete structiure. The roof line is flat. The building is located on the north side of the courthouse.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Payne County

E – Creek County and Okfuskee County

S – Pottawatomie County 

W – Oklahoma County and Logan County

 

 

 

1191cs10

 

 

1192cs10

 

 

1193cs10

 

 

1195cs10

 

 

1196cs10

 

 

1199cs10

 

 

1198cs10

 

 

1203cs10

Photos taken 2010