Latimer County is named for James S Latimer, who was a member of the Oklahoma Constitutional Convention.
Created: July 16, 1907
Wilburton 1907 – present
County Courthouse – Wilburton
Location: 109 North Central Avenue / Main Street
Built: 1938 – 1939
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Forest Butler of Oklahoma City
Contractor: Works Project Administration
Description: The building faces east and is a two story course stone structure. The center section rises higher than the north and south wings. The central entrance is framed with concrete trim. The roof line is flat. The building was constructed as a Works Project Administration project using local trades. The building was remodeled in 1968. The architect was Morgan-Tyson-Mills & Associates of Tulsa and the contractor was Bloomfield Construction Company.
Note: In 1915, the courthouse occupied the Great Western Coal & Coke Building at 701 East Main Street which was remodeled.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Latimer County Courthouse
E – Le Flore County
S – Pushmataha County.
W – Pittsburg County
Photos taken 2010