Haskell County is named for Charles N Haskell, who was the first Governor of the State of Oklahoma.
Created: July 16, 1907
Stigler 1907 – present
County Courthouse – Stigler
Location: 202 East Main Street / SE 2nd Street
Built: 1931 – 1932
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Walter T Vahlberg of Oklahoma City
Contractor: Tankersley Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The central entrance is framed with a large concrete rectangle with glass walls above the doorway. The upper part of the windows on the first and second stories have green colored The third story has green faced walls. The roof line is flat. The building was renovated in 1979 and the architect was Joe Davis and the contractor was Jess Mott.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Haskel County Courthouse
E – Le Flore County
S – Latimer County
W – Pittsburg County
Photos taken 2010