Custer County is named for General George Armstrong Custer, who was a United States Army officer and who died at the Battle of Little Big Horn.
Created: April 19, 1892
Arapaho 1892 – present
County Courthouse – Arapaho
Location: 675 B Street / North Broadway Avenue
Built: 1935– 1936
Architect: Forest Butler of Oklahoma City
Contractor: Sam S Laughlin of Oklahoma City
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped ground in the center of the city. The south front has a central entrance with small pediment above. A wide horizontal band runs above the second story windows. In 1985 the east and west wings were added. The architect was Horacek and Smith and the contractor was C & D Construction Company Inc.
N – Dewey County
S – Washita County
Photos taken 2010 and 2016