Creek County is named for the Creek North American tribe.
Created: July 16, 1907
Sapulpa 1907 – present
County Courthouse – Sapulpa
Location: 222 East Dewey Avenue / South Palk Street
Built: 1914 – 1915
Architect: Layton and Wemyss
Contractor: Manhattan Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a three story gray colored stone structure. The north front has a recessed section in the center of the second and third stories with six columns. The first story has horizontal stone and the entrance has a small overhang. There is a large pediment on the center of the flat roof line.
See: The architect, Layton and Forsyth ( and associated firms ), designed courthouses in Beckham County, Carter County, Craig County, Grady County, Greer County, Harmon County, Jefferson County, McIntosh County, Muskogee County, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma County, Pittsburg County and Washita County.
See: The contractor, Manhattan Construction Company, constructed courthouses in Oklahoma in Bryan County, Craig County, Garvin County, Logan County, Muskogee County, Noble County, Oklahoma County, Pawnee County and Tulsa County.
County Administration – Sapulpa
Location: 312 East Lee Avenue / South Oak Street
Built: 1925 – 1927
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The south front has a high portico with Doric four columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. At the roof line, a stone and brick baluster shields the clay tile, hipped roof.
Note: The building was the former Masonic Temple. In 1940 it was purchased a local glass manufacturing company and became known as the Collins Building. In the early 1990s, Creek County purchased the building and it is currently used for county offices. The County spent $400,000 renovating the building office space, and another $130,000 refurbishing the 3rd floor Masonic ballroom.
S – Okfuskee County
Photos taken 2010