Canadian County is named for the Canadian River, which was named by early French explores after Canada.
Created: April 22, 1889
El Reno 1889 – present
County Courthouse – El Reno
Location: 301 North Choctaw Avenue / West Rogers Street
Built: 1986 – 1988
Architect: Nicex Sherman Lester Associates
Contractor: J W Skaggs Construction Company Inc.
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building faces east and was completed in 1988. The entrance is in the centre of the south side with recessed doorway. On the south is a one story wing. The windows are vertical and narrow. There is a wide overhang along the flat roof line. The building is named as the Judicial Building and the former courthouse is located on the south side.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by W J Riley & Solomon A Layton and constructed by Thomas O’Keefe & L F Kramer in 1901
County Administration – El Reno
Location: 201 North Choctaw Avenue / West Hayes Street
Built: 1961 – 1962
Architect: Hudgins-Thompson Bell & Associates
Contractor: United Builders Inc.
Description: The building faces east and Built in 1961, the modern building is a one story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building faces east and was completed in 1962. The central entrance on the east side has a raised flat roof with recessed doorway. On either side of the entrance are recessed section with horizontal windows. The building served as the courthouse until 1988.
E – Oklahoma County
Photos taken 2010