Caddo County is named for the Native American word “Kaddi” which means “life” or “chief”.
Created: August 6, 1901
Anadarko 1901 – present
County Courthouse – Anadarko
Location: 201 West Oklahoma Avenue / SW 2nd Street
Built: 1957 – 1958
Architect: Noftsger-Lawrence and Associates of Oklahoma City
Contractor: Barbour and Short
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Andrako. On the east front the north and south one short wings extend from the main building. The central recessed entrances have a high green colored stone wall between. The windows on the second story project from the building. A white colored cornice runs along the flat roof line. An addition was added in 1968.
Note: The county used a tent on the Courthouse Square in Andrako until the first one story wood frame courthouse was built in 1901. A second story was added. The second courthouse was a three story brick structure designed by J H Bennett and constructed by H J Van Denburg Construction Company in 1902. The third and present courthouse was constructed in 1958.
S – Comanche County
County Courthouse – Andrako
Photos taken 2010