Atoka County is named for Atoka, who was captain and a noted Choctaw Native American.
Created: November 16, 1907
Atoka 1907 – present
County Courthouse – Atoka
Location: 200 East Court Street / South Delaware Avenue
Built: 1964 – 1965
Architect: Monroe Parker, AIA
Contractor: James D Hight
Description: The building facesi north and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The north front has steps leading up to a canter leavered canopy supported by brick pillars. A hallway leads to a recessed entrance and an open atrium in the building front. The east and west sides have windows divided by pink coloured panels with canter leaved canopies above the first story windows.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Jewell Hicks and constructed by Caddo Construction Compsany in 1913 to 1914. The building was demoloished and replaced by the present courthouse.
E – Pushmatah County
Photos taken 2009