Adair County

US States / O-U / Oklahoma / Adair County
Adair

Adair County is named for the Adair family of the Cherokee Native American tribe.

 

Created:  July 16, 1907

County Seat:

Stilwell  1907 – present

 

County Courthouse – Stilwell 

 

Location:  220 West Division Street / South 2nd Street

Built:  1931 – 1932

Style:  Art Deco

Architect:  J J Haralson of Haralson & Nelson

Contractor:  J H Reddick

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The north front has concrete trimmed entrances. Vertical concrete dividers separate the windows on the second story. The roof line is flat. The base of the building is concrete. A one story buff colored brick addition was added on the west side in 1967. The architect was Scott-Peter and Associates and the contractor was C A Self Construction Company. The addition is named as the Adair County Welfare Building.

 

See:  National Register of Historic Places – Adair County Courthouse

 

Courthouses: 

N – Delaware County 

E – Benton County, Arkansas, Washington County, Arkansas and Crawford County, Arkansas

S – Sequoyah County

W – Cherokee County

 

 

 

0777t10

 

 

0774t10

 

 

0775t10

 

 

0778t10

 

 

0780t10

 

 

0781t10

 

 

0779t10

 

 

0776t10

 

 

0782t10

Photos taken 2010