Warren County is named for Joseph Warren, who was an officer during the American Revolutionary War.
Created: May 1, 1803
Lebanon 1805 – present
County Courthouse – Lebanon
Location: 500 Justice Drive / South East Street
Built: 1977 – 1979
Architect: A C Voorhis & Associates
Contractor: A Benzing & Sons, Inc.
Description: The building faces northwest and is a one story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The northwest front has a high porch supported by pillars and two columns with a recessed entrance. The windows are recessed. The roof is sloped.
County Juvenile Justice Center – Lebanon
Location: 570 Justice Drive / South East Street
Built: 1994 – 1996
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and glass structure. The south front has four recessed openings on the first story with small square windows on the second story. The first story is dark colored red brick and the upper part of the building is light colored red brick. The roof is sloped.
County Administration – Lebanon
Location: 406 Justice Drive / South East Street
Built: 2000 – 2001
Architect: Architects Associated, Inc. of Dayton
Contractor: Duggan & Meyers Construction of Cincinnati
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The south front has a large portico with six columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The east and west wings project from the main building. Above the portico is a square cupola with dome. The roof is sloped.
Old County Courthouse – Lebanon
Location: 320 East Silver Street / North East Street
Built: 1834 – 1836
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Ebed Stowell and Meeker L Morton
Contractor: Ebed Stowell and Meeker L Morton
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The south front has a small portico with pediment at the second story. Above are three arched windows the east and west corners project from the maion building The first story has stone facing and stone trim at the south front. On the roof is a large base with octagonal cupola. During construction, the supervisor was John E Dey. Isaac Bogart was awarded the painting contract and Joel Hammel supplied the lime for construction. The building was remodeled in 1894 with the addition of the north section. The architect was Williams & Bnyden of Drayton and the contractor was William B Roof. In 1999, the building was refurbished.
E – Clinton County
W – Butler County
Photos taken 2011 and 2012