Trumbull County

US States / O-U / Ohio / Trumbull County
Trumbull

Trumbull County is named for Jonathan Trumbull, who was a Governor of Connecticut when the county was organized.

 

Created:  July 10, 1800

County Seat:

Warren  1800 – present

 

County Courthouse – Warren 

 

Location:  161 High Street / North Park Avenue

Built:  1895 – 1897

Style:  Richardsonian Romanesque

Architect:  LaBelle and French of Marion, Indiana

Contractor:  E M Campfield of Finley

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a three story course buff colored Amherst limestone structure. The south front has three large arches at the central entrance with a round stone tower on each side. On the second story is a balcony with large arched window and rising to a peak at the third story. On each corner of the building are projecting sections rising to a peak. On the center of the roof is a large round clock tower with green dome and small cupola at the top. The green roof is sloped. The building was restored in 1993 to 1996. The architect was van Dijk, Pace, Westlake Architects of Cleveland and the contractor was Jack Gibson Construction Company of Warren.

 

Note:  The second courthouse constructed by Richards & Logan in 1856 was destroyed in a disastrous fire on March 25, 1895. The Packard Block on North Park Avenue served as temporary courthouse while planning began for the present courthouse.

 

County Justice Center – Warren 

 

2397k10

 

Location:  150 High Street / North Park Avenue

Built:  1995 – 1997

Style:  Modern

Architect:  The V Group /VS Architects Inc.

Contractor:  Jack Gibson Construction Company

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on the north side of the courthouse and next to the County Administration Building. The south front has a large framed entrance with recessed doorway. On the east side of the front, the building is curves outward. A horizontal band runs along the roof line with sloped roof. On the north side is a seven story section which extends east to North Park Avenue. This section has a flat roof line.

 

County Administration – Warren 

 

2400k10

 

Location:  150 High Street / North Park Avenue

Built:  1999 – 2000

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Ricciuti, Balog & Partners Architects

Contractor:  Jack Gibson Construction Company

 

Description:  The building faces south and is a five story red and buff colored brick and concrete  structure. The building is located on the north side of the courthouse and next to the County Justice Center. The south front has a two story curved portico supported by four concrete columns rising to a flat roof. The entrance is recessed. The first two stories are dark red colored brick and the upper stories are buff colored brick. A horizontal band runs above the second story and along the flat roof line.

 

See:  The Ohio Court of Appeals – Warren is located in the county.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Ashtabula County

E – Mercer County, Pennsylvania

S – Mahoning County

W – Stark County, Portage County and Geauga County

 

 

 

2386k10

 

 

2384k10

 

 

2388k10

 

 

2389k10

 

 

2390k10

 

 

2391k10

 

 

2395k10

 

 

2396k10

 

 

2398k10

 

 

2399k10

Photos taken 2010