Lucas County is named for Robert Lucas, who was the Governor of Ohio when the county was created in 1835.
Created: June 20, 1835
Toledo 1835 – 1840
Maumee 1840 – 1854
Toledo 1854 – present
County Courthouse – Toledo
Location: 700 Adams Street / Michigan Street
Built: 1894 – 1897
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: David L Stine
Contractor: Dun Perley & Company
Description: The building faces southwest. and is a four story buff colored sandstone structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The southwest and northeast sides have projecting center sections with three high arches on the first and second stories. Four columns rise from the third story to the top of the fourth story with recessed double windows between. At the top is a pediment. The building has Roman arches, Corinthian columns and frog carvings on the interior and exterior. The east and west wings extend from the main building. Along the roof line is a balustrade. On the center of the roof is a large round dome with green colored roof.
Note: The first courthouse was built in Maumee in 1840.
See: For the Sixth Appellate District Court of Appeals see Ohio Court of Appeals – Toledo
E – Lake Erie and Ontario
W – Fulton County
Photos taken 2015