Hardin County is named for John Hardin, who was sent in 1792 to negotiate a treaty with the Miami Indians and who was subsequently executed by them.
Created: April 1, 1820
Kenton 1820 – present
County Courthouse – Kenton
Location: 1 Court House Square / Franklin Street
Built: 1913 – 1915
Architect: Richards, McCarty & Bulford
Contractor: Steininger, Taylor Construction Company
Description: The building faces east and is a three story Indiana gray colored limestone and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped Courthouse Square. The east and west sides has a projecting center section with central entrance on the first story and four columns rising from the second story to the top of the third story. At the top is a wide header with pediment. A balustrade runs along the flat roof line.
N – Hancock County
Photos taken 2015 and 2018