Hamilton County is named for Alexander Hamilton, who was the first Secretary of the Treasury.
Created: January 2, 1790
Cincinnati 1790 – present
County Courthouse – Cincinnati
Location: 1000 Main Street / Court Street
Built: 1915 – 1919
Style: Renaissance Revival
Architect: Charles Howard Crane of Rankin, Kellogg & Crane
Contractor: Charles McCaul Company
Description: The building faces west and is a nine story stone structure. The building is constructed with New Hampshire granite and Bedford limestone. The building is elevated on a one story base set at grade level. Above the base are three levels grouped together by a colossal row of sixteen Corinthian columns. On the west front are three wide arched doorways which feature wrought bronzed screens. Flanking the doorways are arched windows of the same character. There is a center courtyard and the roof line is flat.
Note: The total cost of the building and its furnishings was $3,022,000.
County Justice Center – Cincinnati
Location: 1000 Sycamore Street / Court Street
Built: 1983 – 1985
Architect: Glasser and Myers, Inc., Chamlin/Haupt and Gruzen & Partners
Contractor: Messer Construction Company
Description: The building faces west and is a ten story concrete and glass angular structure. The entrance on the northwest side has glass panels. Above the first story, the windows are horizontal and narrow. The roof line is flat. The building faces onto a plaza with the Law Enforcement Center on the north side.
Ohio Court of Appeals – Cincinnati
See: For the First Appellate District Court of Appeals see Ohio Court of Appeals – Cincinnati
E – Clermont County
W – Dearborn County, Indiana
Photos taken 2012