Hettinger County

US States / N / North Dakota / Hettinger County
Hettinger

Hettinger County is named for Mathias K Hettinger ( 1810-1890 ), a citizen of Freeport, Illinois and  father-in-law of Erastus A. Williams, Speaker of the House of Representatives.

       

Created:  January 4, 1873

County Seat:  

Mott  1907 – present

 

County Courthouse – Mott

 

Location:  336 Pacific Avenue / West 4th Street

Built:  1934 – 1936

Style:  Art Deco

Architect:  A J Weinberger

Contractor:  Ritterbush Brothers

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a three story buff colored brick, concrete and glass Art Deco style structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. Above the central east entrance is a series of long vertical glass windows. The north and south wings are two stories and extend from the building. The roof line is flat.

 

Note:  The previous courthouse was built by John A Ulberg in 1907.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Stark County and Grant County

E – Grant County

S – Adams County

W – Slope County

 

 

 

1384nm07

County Courthouse

 

 

1193u09

 

 

1197u09

 

 

1194u09

 

 

1386nm07

Photos taken 2007 and 2009