Golden Valley County is named for the Golden Valley Land and Cattle Company.
Created: November 19, 1912
Beach 1912 – present
County Courthouse – Beach
Location: 150 1st Avenue SE / 1st Street South
Built: 1923 – 1924
Style: Prairie / Federalist Revival
Architect: W E Deitrich
Contractor: A J Weinberger
Description: The building faces west and is a two story dark red colored brick and concrete Prairie style structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city.The west front has a projecting section with the entrance framed in white colored concrete and rising to a peaked roof. Horizontal white colored bands run below the windows and a wide band runs below the roof line. In 2013, an addition was constructed on the east side. The architect was Hulsing and Associates of Dickinson and the contractor was Ainsworth-Benning Construction, Inc. of Spearfish, South Dakota.
See: The other Federalist Revival style courthouse in North Dakota is located in Logan County.
North – McKenzie County
East – Billings County
South – Slope County
Courthouse Annex under construction
Photos taken 2009 and 2013