Dunn County is named for John Piatt Dunn of Bismarck, North Dakota ( 1839-1917 ), an 1872 arrival who opened the first drug store in North Dakota and who was a civic and commercial leader.
Created: May 24, 1901
Manning 1908 – present
County Courthouse – Manning
Location: 205 Owen Street / Highway 22
Built: 1994 – 1995
Architect: Rich zumBrunnen
Contractor: Kolling & Kolling Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a one story dark brown colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the town. The south front has a single thin column supporting the brick portico. The building has small windows and the roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was a one and a half story wood structure designed by Arnt Ree and built by Davis & Son in 1915.
S – Stark County
Picture 1915 Courthouse
Photos taken 2007 and 2009