Warren County is named for Joseph Warren, who was a patriot and a volunteer private who was mortally wounded at the Battle of Bunker Hill in 1775.
Created: April 14, 1741
Warrenton 1741 – present
County Courthouse – Warrenton
Location: 109 South Main Street / Macon Street
Built: 1906 – 1907
Architect: Frank Pierce Milburn of Washington, DC
Contractor: Phipps & Cooper of Newport News, Virginia
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has a projecting center section with a central entrance with arched window on the second story. At the roof line is a pediment. On the roof is a large low square white colored cupola with windows. The roof line is flat except where it rises to the cupola. An addition has been added on the north side. The building was renovated in 1991 and 1992. The architect was Gantt Huberman Architects of Charlotte.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed by Jacob Holt, Edward Rice and Francis Wooson in 1850.
See: The architect Frank Pierce Milburn of Washington, DC.
W – Vance County
Photos taken 2012