Randolph County is named for Peyton Randolph, who was the first President of the Continental Congress.
Created: April 14, 1778
Asheboro 1779 – present
Old County Courthouse – Asheboro
Location: 145 Worth Street / South Fayetteville Street
Built: 1908 – 1908
Architect: Wheeler, Runge and Dickey
Contractor: Joseph T Owen
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored brick and stone structure. The south front has a large portico with four columns rising to a pediment. The third story is recessed with a section above having a rounded roof. The base of the building is rough stone. The building was expanded in 1950, 1975 and 1979. The new courthouse is located on the east side of the building.
County Courthouse – Asheboro
Location: 176 East Salisbury Street / South Cox Street
Built: 2000 – 2002
Architect: Moser Mayer Phoenix Associates of Greensboro
Contractor: J H Allen, Inc.
Description: The building faces north and Built in 2000, the modern building is a four story concrete and glass structure. The building faces north and was completed in 2002. The north front has a projecting semi-circular first story with a four story section rising behind with glass walls in the center section. The main building has vertical windows on the third and fourth stories.
N – Guilford County
W – Davidson County
Photos taken 2012