Davie County is named for William Richardson Davie, who was a member of the Federal Convention.
Created: December 20, 1836
Mocksville 1836 – present
County Courthouse – Mocksville
Location: 140 South Main Street / East Depot Street
Built: 1908 – 1910
Architect: Fall City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky
Contractor: Fall City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky
Description: The building faces west and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The west front has a large porch with four columns rising to a wide header. On the center of the roof is a square cupola with white colored dome. The roof line is flat. The building was rebuilt after a fire in 1922. The architect was Raleigh James. On the south side is a new two story buff colored brick addition added in 1971 and 1990.
Note: The previous courthouse was built by Henry R Austin in 1839.
See: The contractor Falls City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky.
S – Rowan County
W – Iredell County
Photos taken 2012