Hamilton County

US States / N / New York / Hamilton County
Hamilton

Hamilton County is named for Alexander Hamilton, who was a political theorist and the first Secretary of state.

 

Created:  February 21, 1816 

County Seat:

Lake Pleasant  1816 – present

 

County Courthouse – Lake Pleasant  

 

Location:  SW – Highway 8 / South Shore Road

Built:  1928 – 1929

Style:  Colonial Revival

Architect:  Josiah Moffitt

Contractor:  Scott Conroy

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has a large portico supported by four large white colored columns with pediment at the roof line. The entrance is framed with white colored wood. The roof is hipped. An addition was added onto the west side.

 

County Clerk’s Office – Lake Pleasant  

 

1179k10

 

Location:  SW – Highway 8 / South Shore Road

Built:  1928 – 1929

Style:  Colonial Revival

Architect:  Walter Brown Van Dresser

Contractor:  Scott Conroy

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a one story red colored brick structure. The east front has a small portico supported by four white colored columns with pediment at the roof line. The entrance is framed with white colored wood. The roof is pitched.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Saint Lawrence County and Franklin County

E – Essex County, Warren County and Saratoga County

S – Fulton County and Herkimer County

W – Herkimer County

 

 

 

1178k10

 

 

1173k10

 

 

1175k10

 

 

1176k10

 

 

1177k10

Photos taken 2010