Valencia County is named after a 17th century hacienda built by Francisco de Valencia, the Spanish official in charge of the area.
Created: January 9, 1852
Los Lunas 1852 – present
Old County Courthouse – Los Lunas
Location: 444 Luna Street Southeast / Courthouse Road Southeast
Built: 1959 – 1960
Architect: Lawrence A Garcia
Contractor: K L House
Description: The building faces west and is a two story buff colored brick, glass and concrete structure. The west front has a recessed second story with thin vertical bands. Above the entrance is the crest. Low sand brick wings are on the southwest and northwest sides. The roof line is flat. The building served as the courthouse and now serves as the County Administration Building.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1913 to 1914.
County Courthouse – Los Lunas
Location: 1835 Highway 314 SW / Morris Road Southwest
Built: 2006 – 2008
Architect: Studio Southwest Architects, Inc. of Albuquerque
Contractor: Bradbury Stamm Construction Inc. of Albuquerquw
Description: The building faces northeast and is a three story buff colored brick, glass and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The northeast front has a central tower with canopy and recessed entrance on the first story and large recessed glass window on the second and third stories. The building has large square windows. The third story is recessed.
E – Torrance County
S – Socorro County
W – Cibalo County
Potos taken 2007 and 2016