Grant County is named for General Ulysses S Grant ( 1822-1885 ), who was the 18th president of the United States.
Created: January 30, 1868
Silver City 1868 – present
County Courthouse – Silver City
Location: 201 North Cooper Street / Broadway
Built: 1929 – 1930
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: George Williamson Inc.
Contractor: Edward Lembke & Company
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building sits on the side of a hill. At the east front entrance is a large arch with windows. The north and south wings project from the main building. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1883
N – Catron County
S – Hidalgo County
W – Greenlee County, Arizona
Photos taken 2007