Catron County is named for Thomas B Catron.
Created: February 25, 1921
Reserve 1921 – present
County Courthouse – Reserve
Location: 101 Main Street / 4th Street
Built: 1968 – 1969
Architect: Kruger, Lake & Henderson
Contractor: Medley Construction Company
Description: The building faces west and is a two story brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the town. The west front is brick with a recessed entrance where the second story of pink concrete extends over the entrance patio.
Note: The first courthouse was a two story frame structure built in 1916. In 1921, plans were designed by Henry C Trost for a new courthouse which was not built. The old courthouse was demolished when the second and present courthouse was constructed in 1969.
N – Cibola County
S – Grant County
Photos taken 2007