Carroll County is named for Charles Carroll of Carrollton, who was the last surviving signer of the United States Declaration of Independence.
Created: December 22, 1840
Ossipee 1840 – present
Old County Courthouse – Ossipee
Location: 20 Courthouse Square / Brown Ridge Road
Built: 1915 – 1916
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: Albert H Dow
Contractor: Wallace Building Company
Description: The building faces northeast and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The northeast front has a high portico with double columns on either side. The first story entrance is arched and there is a large window on the second story. The corners of the building have stone trim. The roof is hipped with two chimneys. An addition has been added on the southwest side.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1840 and additions were added in 1856 and 1887.
County Courthouse – Ossipee
Location: 96 Water Village Road / Country Farm Road
Built: 2001 – 2003
Architect: Keith P Hemingway of Plymouth
Contractor: Hutter Construction Corporation of Ipswich.
Description: The building faces east.and is a three story red colored brick, buff colored stone and concrete structure. The building is surrounded by spacious grounds. The front has a projecting center section with small windows on the first story and large horizontal windows on the second and third stories. At the top is a sloped roof with peak behind. The main entrance is on the southwest corner with large arches and recessed entrance.
N – Coos County
E – Oxford County, Maine
W – Grafton County
Photos taken 2014