Clark County is named for William Andrew Clark, who was a Montana copper magnate, a railroad builder and a United States Senator.
Created: February 5, 1909
Las Vegas 1909 – present
County Justice Center – Las Vegas
Location: 200 Lewis Avenue / South 3rd Street
Built: 2005 – 2007
Architect: Tate Synder Kimsey Architects
Contractor: AF Construction
Description: The building faces east and is an eighteen story steel, concrete and glass structure. The building is located in the center of the city and has the main entrance on the northeast corner rises three stories and has glass panels. The lower part of the building is faced with pink polished stone and rises four stories. The central part of the building is a high concrete and glass tower. The structural engineers was LERA Engineers and the electrical engineer was JBA Engineers.
Old County Courthouse – Las Vegas
Location: 200 South 3rd Street / Carson Avenue
Built: 1958 – 1959
Style: Modern International
Architect: Walter Zick and Harris Sharp and Ellerbe Becket and Associates
Contractor: Diversified Builders
Description: The building faces east and is a seven story powder blue colored concrete, steel and glass structure. The building is located in the center of the city. The building entrance faces east with a large two story concrete colonnade of scored concrete blocks, which section was added in the 1980’s. The building is now vacant.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1909. The second courthouse was designed by Frederick J Delongchamps and constructed by Campbell & Turner in 1914.
E – Mojave County, Arizona
S – San Bernadino County, California
Photos taken 2008