Wayne County is named for Anthony Wayne, who was a general in the American Revolutionary War, and who lived from 1745 to 1796.
Created: March 4, 1871
Wayne 1871 – present
County Courthouse – Wayne
Location: 101 South Broadway Avenue / East Franklin Street
Built: 1899 – 1900
Style: Richardsonian Romanesque
Architect: Orff & Guilbert of Minneapolis, Minnesota
Contractor: Rowles & Moore of Omaha
Description: The building faces south and is a two story Omaha pressed red colored brick and Lake Superior red stone structure. The building has a high tower on the southeast corner rising four stories and with corner turrets and peaked roof. The south front has four red colored columns rising to the top of the first story. There are arched windows on the second story. Along the east and west sides, a bay window is on the second story. There is a raised stone basement.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Wayne County Courthouse
W – Pierce County
Photos takes 2008