Nance County is named for Albinus Nance, who was a Governor of Nebraska from 1879 to 1882.
Created: February 4, 1879
Fullerton 1879 – present
County Courthouse – Fullerton
Location: 209 Esther Street / 3rd Street
Built: 1973 – 1974
Architect: George E Clayton and Associates Inc.
Contractor: Lacy Building & Supply
Description: The building faces west and is a one story red colored brick and concrete structure. The central west entrance is recessed with white colored stone walls and rises above the roof line. There are long vertical windows. The roof is slightly pitched.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by W C Philips and constructed in 1895. The building was demolished when the present courthouse was constructed.
See: The contractor, Lacy Building & Supply, also constructed the courthouse in Garfield County.
S – Merrick County
Photos taken 2010