Madison County is named for James Madison, who was the fourth President of the United States of America.
Created: January 26, 1856
Madison 1875 – present
County Courthouse – Madison
Location: 1313 North Main Street / North 6th Street
Built: 1976 – 1977
Architect: Everett J Simpson of Architects Inc.
Contractor: Fauss Construction Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a one story brown colored brick, glass and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Madison. A wide white colored band runs below the flat roof line. On the south side, there is a circular projection from the main building with the entrance on the west side of the projection. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by C F Kaul and constructed in 1887. The building was was sold in 1978 and demolished. The property was sold to the Madison Public Schools.
See: The contractor, Fauss Construction Inc., constructed the courthouse in Stanton County.
N – Pierce County
E – Stanton County
S – Platte County
Photos taken 2009