Dixon County is named for Dixon, who was an early pioneer in the area.
Created: January 26, 1856
Ponca 1858 – present
County Courthouse – Ponca
Location: 302 West 3rd Street / North Iowa Street
Built: 1883 – 1884
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick structure. The central entrance has white trim around the white colored wood door. On the west side the new three story buff colored brick s built in 1939 and 1940. This building has the main entrance on the eastside of the north front. White colored vertical dividers separate the windows and a wide white header runs at the roof line. The architect was J R Reynolds of Sioux City, Iowa and the contractor was Works Projects Administration.
Photos taken 2008