Wheatland County is named for the many wheat fields in the county.
Created: February 22, 1917
Harlowton 1917 – present
County Courthouse – Harlowton
Location: 201 A Avenue NW / 2nd Street NW
Built: 1910 – 1911
Architect: John Hackett Kent
Contractor: Richard E Wright of Augusta
Description: The building faces north and is a two story course gray colored stone structure. The north front has a projecting center section with large arch on the first story and rising to a point with arched window above the roof line. The green colored roof is sloped. The building was built as a school and was converted in 1938 to the courthouse. The building was renovated in 1940. The architect was Angus V McIver of Great Falls.
W – Meagher County
Photos taken 2011