Valley County is named for the Valley of the Milk River as most of the county lies within the valley.
Created: February 6, 1893
Glasgow 1893 – present
County Courthouse – Glasgow
Location: 501 Court Street / 3rd Avenue South
Built: 1972 – 1973
Architect: E F Link & Associates
Contractor: Braden-Pehlke Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a one story brown colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds and has a tiered roof rising from the north front to a higher section on the south. The central entrance is recessed with glass walls. A wide horizontal yellow colored band runs along the flat roof line. On the south side is a two story rectangular brick Courthouse Annex.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1893.
N – Saskatchewan, Canada
W – Phillips County
Photos taken 2006, 2009 and 2016