Roosevelt County is named for Theodore Roosevelt, who was the twenty-sixth President of the United States of America.
Created: February 18, 1919
Wolf Point 1919 – present
County Courthouse – Wolf Point
Location: 124 Custer Street / 2nd Avenue South
Built: 1939 – 1940
Architect: Edwin G Oness of Billings
Contractor: Local trades under the Works Project Administration
Description: The building faces west and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds and is tiered with the front center section extending from the main building. The entrance is recessed with three arched windows above on the second story. There are north and south one story wings. A brown horizontal band runs along the flat roof line. The building is a Works Project Administration project and local trades were hired to complete construction.
Note: Farmers Lumber Corporation supplies lumber, George E Butzlaff was the blacksmith and Ceco Steel Product Company supplied the steel.
E – Williams County, North Dakota
W – Valley County
Photos 2009, 2012 and 2016