Richland County is named for the productive land in the County and to promote settlement.
Created: May 27, 1914
Sidney 1914 – present
County Courthouse – Sidney
Location: 201 West Main Street / 2nd Avenue NW
Built: 1927 – 1928
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: John G Link of Billings
Contractor: J C Boespflug
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The south front has a high projecting center section with two columns rising from the second story to the top of the third story with a pediment rising to the roof line. There is a small balcony at the third story. A wide cornice runs below the roof line. On the center of the roof is an octagonal dome with red colored roof.
See: The architect, John G Link of Montana ( in association with Charles S Haire and others ) designed courthouses in Montana in Big Horn County, Carter County, Custer County, Dawson County, Granite County, McCone County, Musselshell County, Rosebud County, Sheridan County and Silver Bow County; and in Wyoming in Park County, Sheridan County and Washakie County.
N – Roosevelt County
E – McKenzie County, North Dakota
Photos taken 2009 and 2011