Ravalli County is named for Anthony Ravalli, who was a Jesuit missionary who arrived in the area in 1845.
Created: February 16, 1893
Stevensville 1893 – 1898
Hamilton 1898 – present
County Courthouse – Hamilton
Location: 205 Bedford Street / South 2nd Street
Built: 1975 – 1976
Architect: Howland and Associates
Contractor: Pew Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a one story brown colored concrete and glass structure. The building forms a “T” with the centre section extending east. The south wing is two stories. A wide band follows the roof line.
Old County Courthouse – Hamilton
Location: SE – Bedford Street / South 3rd Street
Built: 1900 – 1901
Architect: A J Gibson
Contractor: Charles Stabern
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The main entrance is at the northn front of the building. The northwest corner has a tiered square brick tower rising to a block dome with small cupola at the top. The roof is sloped.
North – Missoula County
West – Idaho County, Idaho
Photos taken 2009