McCone County is named for George McCone, who was a Montana state senator who helped create the County.
Created: February 20, 1919
Circle 1919 – present
County Courthouse – Circle
Location: 1004 C Avenue / Idaho Street
Built: 1949 – 1950
Architect: J G Link & Company of Billings
Contractor: John Sterhan and S J Daniel & Sons of Glendive.
Description: The building faces east and is a two story rectangular buff colored brick structure. The east front has a slightly projecting center section with recessed entrance on the first story and a yellow colored panel on the second story. The foundation is concrete and the roof line is flat.
See: The architect, John G Link of Montana ( in association with Charles S Haire and others ) designed courthouses in Montana in Big Horn County, Carter County, Custer County, Dawson County, Granite County, Musselshell County, Richland County, Rosebud County, Sheridan County and Silver Bow County; and in Wyoming in Park County, Sheridan County and Washakie County.
S – Prairie County
Photos taken 2011