Judith Basin County

US States / M / Montana / Judith Basin County
Judith Basin

Judith Basin County is named for the Judith River, which was named by William Clark for Julia “Judith” Hancock whom he would later marry.

 

Created:  December 10, 1920

County Seat: 

Stanford  1920 – present

 

County Courthouse –  Stanford 

 

Location:  913 3rd Street West / Central Avenue

Built:  1925 – 1926

Style:  Classical Revival

Architect:  F F Bossuot

Contractor:  N T Lease & Henry Leighland of Great Falls and Albert Jacobs of Havre

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has a slightly projecting center section with the entrance on the first story and a large arched window on the second story. The roof line is flat.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Choteau County and Fergus County

E – Fergus County

S – Wheatland County and Meagher County

W – Cascade County

 

 

 

0205mi11

 

 

0209mi11

 

 

0217mi11

 

 

0214mi11

 

 

0215mi11

 

 

0216mi11

 

 

0213mi11

Photos taken 2011