Golden Valley County is named by the land promoters in a promotional attempt to lure settlers to the area.
Surrounding County Courthouses:
N – Fergus County
Created: October 4, 1920
Ryegate 1920 – present
County Courthouse – Ryegate
Location: 107 Kemp Street / 2nd Avenue
Built: 1920 – 1921
Architect: John H Grant
Contractor: John H Grant
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick, stucco and concrete structure. The building is located in the center of Ryegate. The building is a rectangular shape and the entrance is located at the center of the east front. The windows are small and the roof line is flat. The building was constructed as a temporary structure but has remained as the courthouse. The building houses the County District Court of the 14th Judicial District.
History: The county was created in 1920 and Ryegate was selected as the county seat. The first and present courthouse was constructed in 1920 to 1921.
County Courthouse - Ryegate
Photo taken 2011