Shannon County is named for George Shannon who was a member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition.
Created: January 29, 1841
Round Spring 1841 – 1868
Eminence 1868 – present
County Courthouse – Eminence
Location: 201 Main Street / Pine Street
Built: 1939 – 1941
Style: Art Deco / Federalist
Architect: Dan R Sanford of Springfield
Contractor: G A Norton of Springfield
Description: The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick veneer, stone, steel and concrete structure. The east front has a projecting center section rising two stories with stone facing at the entrance and rising to the top of the second story. On the corners are slightly projecting pillars with stone at the top. The building has a flat roof.
N – Dent County
S – Oregon County
Photos taken 2009