Pulaski County is named for Casimir Pulaski, who was a Revolutionary War soldier killed at the Battle of Savannah, and who lived from 1746 to 1779.
Created: January 19, 1833
Waynesville 1843 – present
County Courthouse – Waynesville
Location: 301 Historic Route 66 East / Highway 17
Built: 1989 – 1990
Architect: Warren and Goddin
Contractor: Wirt Development Agency
Description: The building faces east and is a three story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The east front has a projecting center section rising above the first story and forming a glass wall. The third story forms an overhang on the south with a recessed north side with similar overhang. The windows are small. On the south side is another projecting glass wall section.
Old County Courthouse – Waynesville
Location: 300 Historic Route 66 East / North Lynn Street
Built: 1903 – 1904
Style: Romanesque and Italianate
Architect: Henry H Hohenschild
Contractor: Ed Long of Rolla.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and stone style structure. The building is 60 feet by 40 feet. There is a three story tower on the west side. The building is now a museum.
E – Phelps County
S – Texas County
Photos taken 2009