Polk County is names for James Knox Polk, who was the eleventh President of the United States of America.
Created: January 5, 1835
Bolivar 1835 – present
County Courthouse – Bolivar
Location: 102 East Broadway / North Main Avenue
Built: 1906 – 1907
Architect: Robert G Kirsch of Kirsch and Company of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contractor: Atlas Construction Company of St. Louis
Description: The building faces north and is a two story course stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The north front has a projecting portico with large arch at the entrance on the first story. Above the portico is a balcony on the second story with large arched window and rising to a third story dormer with peaked roof. Each corner has a square stone tower with domed roof. On the center of the roof is a square stone clock tower with steep roof and the statue of Justice at the top.
E – Dallas County
S – Greene County
Photos taken 2009