Winston County is named for Louis Winston, who was Supreme Court justice.
Created: December 23, 1833
Louisville 1833 – present
County Courthouse – Louisville
Location: 115 South Court Avenue / East Main Street
Built: 1963 – 1964
Style: Modern Classical Revival
Architect: Thomas H Johnson Jr. & Associates of Starkville
Contractor: Central Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city.. The north front has a large portico with four white columns rising to a header at the roof line. The entrance has a small pediment above. A wide horizontal band runs below the roof line. The south part of the building is recessed and descends a slope. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Andrew J Bryan and constructed by S H Berg. An addition was constructed in 1947. The architect was Luther L Brasfield and the contractor was L B Priester & Son.
E – Noxubee County
Photos taken 2012 and 2017