Humphries County is named for Benjamin Humphries, who was the twenty-sixth Governor of the State of Mississippi.
Created: March 28, 1918
Belzoni 1918 – present
County Courthouse – Belzoni
Location: 102 Castleman Street / South Hayden Street
Built: 1921 – 1922
Architect: Kramer & Lindsley
Contractor: J V Burkas and R T Burkas
Description: The building faces north and is a three story yellow colored brick and stone structure. The north front has a wide porch with eight columns rising to a header at the top of the second story. There are three stone framed entrances. The foundation is stone. The roof line is flat. During construction, E A Becraft was the superintendent of construction and James Henry Martin was the supervising architect.
S – Yazoo County
Photos taken 2012