County Courthouse – Raymond
Location: 127 Main Street / North Oak Street
Built: 1857 – 1859
Style: Greek Revival and Ante Bellum
Architect: William Weldon of Woodville
Contractor: Thomas Weldon and George Weldon of Woodville
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story white colored brick structure. The rectangular building is located on the spacious landscaped grounds of Courtyard Square and has a hipped roof. The southwest front has a large portico with six high Doric columns rising to a wide pediment at the roof line. On the northeast side is a similar portico with six Doric columns. On the northwest and southeast sides are porticoes with four high Doric columns rising to pediments at the roof line. Above the entrances on three sides are balconies at the second story. On the center of the roof is an open octagonal cupola with metal railing at the bottom.
County Courthouse Annex – Raymond
Location: Courtyard Square / North Oak Street
Architect: Edgar Lucien Malvaney
Contractor: Oden Construction Company
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story white colored brick structure. The building has a central recessed entrance on the southwest front. The roof line is flat. Additions have been added on the northeast side. A covered walkway extends southwest to the courthouse.
See: The main Hinds County courthouse is located in Jackson.
Photos taken 2012