Hancock County is named for John Hancock, who was a signer of the Declaration of Independence and who lived from 1737 to 1793.
Created: December 12, 1812
Bay Saint Louis 1812 – present
County Courthouse – Bay Saint Louis
Location: 152 Main Street / Gex Street
Built: 1911 – 1912
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: Keenan & Weiss
Contractor: Jett Brothers Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff and gray-white brick and stone Greek Revival style structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The north front has a large porch with six large columns rising to a wide header at the roof line. The main section of the building extends east and west. The roof line is flat. An addition was constructed in 1920. The building was damage by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, and In 2009, the building was renovated and an addition was constructed. The architect was Pryor & Morrow and the contractor was Witherington Construction Corporation.
E – Harrison County
S – Saint Bernard Parish, Louisiana
Photos taken 2017